Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quittin' Time

It is 11:00. The dishes are done. The clothes are folded. The children are bathed and have been sleeping soundly for a couple of hours. As I sit and write, all the stress of the day drips down my back and puddles on the floor.

It's odd, really, how I put on stress like a garment every morning. Mine is a bulky sweater with LOTS of pockets to make room for more. But at the end of each day, I drink hot chocolate or read or write. I watch my children sleep, and I am light again.

Lord, I have not finished the puzzle of what life looks like when I am loved by you. I am sure, though, that this moment is part of that picture, and I am grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look! And that you're writing again...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I want you to come over and pimp my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete